V. ARTICLE ABOUT "DO THEY REALLY THINK DIFFERENTLY?" by Marc Prensky
While reading, I observed that experiences
lived differently affected brain structures differently. For this piece I
explored that brain reorganizes itself known as neuroplasticity. This seemed to
help deaf and blind people for example to learn Braille or to use auditory
cortex to read signs.
It seemed as important for me that cognitive
processes were malleable which meant being able to be reshaped, changed
although it was hard to change. I thought that the argument to be made was that the
evidence showed that the technology, using games in teaching had enormous
benefits for all of our kids. But the preliminary evidence was that it seemed
to have more special benefits for the kids who were behind academically, for
the students who were under-motivated, and for the students who had special
learning needs. Rather distracting students,
games made students gain more increased attention. We had to go beyond just simple print and
lecture.
As conclusion, I came across a
wonderful quote that sums up the importance and relevance of the article for
me, linking the need for technology in a learning environment.
No comments:
Post a Comment